3/27/2017

Sew Foxy Knitting Bag Tutorial



I have the pleasure of being an Ambassador for DailyLike fabrics and I can't tell you how much I love their fabrics. I am so happy to share with you all a lovely little tutorial for a fun project bag for all you knitters and crafters. I hope you enjoy! 



Download the pattern here. 


Download the template here. 

Knitting Bag Template. 


A few notes about the pattern,

Please read through the entire instructions.

All seams are ¼” unless stated otherwise.

The pockets are optional, the instructions for both types of pockets are at the end but the placement for the pockets is between step 3 & step 4.

The pattern is completely adjustable, for example you can add length or width to the template, just keep in mind the fabric requirement will change. Also when picking fabrics keep in mind the bag is reversible.

For the interfacing I used Pellon 809 Décor Bond on the outer fabrics and Pellon 987F fusible fleece for the inner lining fabrics. This provided extra structure and sturdiness so that the bag can stand on its own. These are my preferred interfacings. The choice of interfacing is up to you.
When printing the pattern, print scale to 100%. There is a little square at the top of the page which should measure 1”x1” if printed to correct size.


Remember to backstitch at the beginning and end of all the sewing.

The photos below go along with the pattern. 



Supplies
·      ½ yd outer fabric Winter Fox Canvas Dailylike
·      ½ yd inner Natural Linen Dailylike
·      ½ yd each type of fusible interfacing
·      cotton webbing

RST – right sides together






I would love to see all of your finished bags so please tag me on instagram or use the #thlknittingbag.

Happy Sewing.








8 comments :

  1. Thank you for a most enjoyable share. I love your podcast and blog and the generous sharing you always offer. I could well be making a bag having fallen for your bees and flies! Already down loaded pattern and made a smaller blanket after loving your starter circles. I usually crochet to your words at the end of an evening. You make me smile. Oh and I rarely respond to blogs because I don't do any social networking therefore can never find a profile option. Thank you (again) for offering the anon option. Abbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops. I thought I was on another site!! I am new to yours and really love the bag, which I shall make so thank you for sharing and inspiring. I really am delighted to have found you. Abbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this tutorial will go and shop now of the fabric, btw the I saw in your photo that you also pair the bag with a pencil case? Did you use all your fabric or there was left over to make the case? Can you also share the pattern you did for the pencil case. thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I follow you by e-mail? I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again, I got all the materials and the instructions printed out, cut out the parts and was on the optional pockets, just for clarification is really the 7.5 x 5.5 that has to be folded in half and not the 13 x 5.5? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to let you know I made the bag and am so pleased with it thank you. Also made a smaller version as a gift for friend. Which she uses!! Sorry, no good at Sending photos.
    Abbi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wondering if the tutorial is still available? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wondering if the tutorial is still available? Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to read your comments.