a little bit of lately

Goodness, looking back at my last blog post, I didn't realize it had been so long and nor did I mean to take such a long break.
Since my last post my husband and I finally feel all settled into our new home. Feels like home now but will be even better once we get some of the garden planted and paint a few of the walls. I definitely have plans for our yard, its not as big as I would have hoped but there is still plenty of room for some of the things I want to do. One is do some vegetable gardening. I am hoping to get my green thumb back, its been far too long. I have seeds and plans and even though I love winter and the colder weather a big part of me can't wait for the last frost and some of the beautiful spring weather!
My husband has caught me more than a few times these past couple of weeks lost in daydreams at the kitchen table looking out the window. 

I have a few finished project to share as well. I have been knitting up a storm as usual and here are some recently finished handknits..

I do love a knitted on edging!



My second one and certainly won't be my last! I want one in blues..


 Some more finished objects include my Small Flower Mitts ( such a sweet pattern) Briochette Shawl, my first brioche attempt, it was successful!
There are a few more on my ravelry pages. 

I haven't sewn not a stitch in the past weeks. My sewing machine went on the fritz and I ran out of needles. I finally got it back and have plans. Not sure what to start with yet. I'm so glad that I have a nearby quilting shop. Lovely fabric nothing modern but pretty countryish sort of stuff and very greatly stocked full of all the little things one needs like notions. They do a monthly sewing bee for charity, I might have to look into that! 

As well as some great vintage and antique shopping my new town has there are some really great quiet country roads. We've taken to exploring a lot of the area and I'm so glad I am out of the city. Just down the street from my house we have horses, lots of horses and cows. Cute farmhouses with chickens and donkeys and goats! The roads are not really great for walking but it hasn't stopped me from enjoying. This city girl is loving it all!


SaveSave

3 comments

  1. Beautiful shawls!! It always takes so much time to settle into a new place - unpacking and figuring out where things should go, trying to feel settled, all those things tend to take priority over sitting around and crafting! Congrats on your new home, and you still managed to make two beautiful things so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello :) I am wondering how easy or difficult it was to read the crochet pattern; I can see that it is in French!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to read your comments.