its october! my favorite month!

I love October and I am so glad to see it again. My favorite things about this time of year include, pumpkin spice everything (yes I am one of those people) cool, crisp mornings, cozy knitting... I could go on. I can't resist waxing poetic for my favorite season. 
I'm also excited because not only is it my favorite month but my husband and I are moving into our own house this month! yay! To say I'm excited is putting it mildly and we are so happy to be in a house again. We're not first time homeowners but hopefully we will be last time homeowners (is that right??) Well anyways, I can't wait. We're busy planning and packing and just taking our time with the whole thing. I absolutely hate moving and we have been in this apartment for less than a year and we still have boxes in the closets that haven't been opened since we moved back to Texas from LA. 
We are moving to a cute town just outside of Dallas, its a little bit country, very cute vintage historic downtown with tons of antique stores, gingerbread houses and BBQ. The last one is very important to the husband. 
                                               (yarn is by A Homespun House)

I am so looking forward to the next chapter. Everything fell into place perfectly. Gods timing is always the best even though we don't often see the big picture. The past few weeks taught me that or at least reminded me that when one door closes another one opens. Literally it opened the front door to a new house. I am so thankful and feeling so blessed.
Another adventure I have not mention yet on my blog since its been awhile is my etsy shop. I picked up sewing again over the summer and I couldn't help myself. Sometimes I incorporate my love of embroidery into my bags, sometimes its my love of patchwork and mostly my love of really cute and pretty fabrics. I have really enjoyed it so far and I hope to continue... below is one bag I made recently...



In the next few weeks I plan to knit more and have fun decorating my new craft room (yes, I get a room all for myself!)  and not to stress too much about finding a new job. We'll see how the latter goes. Also just in case any of you out there are fans of the Mollie Makes mag, I might be in a little corner of next months issue. 



6 comments

  1. Congratulations on the new home, super cute Etsy shop and Mollie Makes!! All good things! Yarn stash is lovely too! :)
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear that things are lining up for you! It certainly lifts my spirits knowing that even if things are bad at the moment, they don't always remain bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my look at all the pretty yarn...fun, fun..

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my look at all the pretty yarn...fun, fun..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on all your blessings Olivia. Can't wait for the virtual craft room tour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many wonderful new things happening. I'm so pleased for you and for all that your new home and life there holds. I love the sewn bag. Wishing you lots of new discoveries.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to read your comments.