catch up and a review.

Goodness, I only meant to take a little blog break but it ended up being an extended summer holiday. 
The weather got so hot here over the month of July, no knitting was done, none at all. I had forgotten how hot and humid it can get in Texas after all it had been 6 years since we had moved away. I needed something to fill in the gap. Afterall I am the type of person who just can't sit, I always have to do something with my hands. So what have I been doing.... Sewing. 
A bit more on that in a future post though. 
Its late August now, and I have started knitting again. I pulled out old wips to finish, frogged a lot of wips that I just know will never get done. Sorted out my yarn from summery colors to more fall, autumn inspired colors. 
I feel the change already. Only early in the morning, when I take the dogs for their morning walk. 630 am is my usual time and there is just a hint of crisp coolness that hangs in the air for a bit until the humidity kicks in. As little as it is, it still has me excited for the cooler weather coming this way. My only wish though is that I could find a really great farmers market for those fall fruits and veggies I love so much. Sadly, Dallas really lacks in this area. 

Back to knitting, so yes I finally got around to organizing the stash. I am in finishing mode, I want to get some of these sock wips off the needles, to make room for more sock wips. Its a vicious cycle, I know, but I love it! 
Talking of needles, this leads me to some needles I want to tell you about. Awhile back I was sent a really nice needle set to review and I have been using them over and over again. I loved the needles so much so, that I bought some more interchangeables in my favorite sizes and even bought the dpn set in the same brand.  Thats how much I really like these needles.


I even sewed myself a needle case for them. Of course the needle came in a little case, a little plastic case that worked just fine but these quickly became my favorite needles, I felt that they needed something a little extra special. More on that in a bit. 
The needles are the KnitPro Nova Platina.
I am so pleased with them. Up until I started using them, I had been pretty happy with the circulars I was using. I can tell you that I have some in my needles stash that I completely regret buying and never get used. Every knitter is different. Just as every knitter knits differently every knitter will prefer a different needle. 


I like the way these feel in my hand, very smooth, no bump at the join (so important). For the first time, my hands don't hurt when I knit for long periods of time (like a movie length) especially when I knit lace and the kit came with several cord lengths that I find very convenient but I actually happened to have some cord joiners from a different KnitPro brand and the they worked fine. Thats the only thing I felt was missing from the kit was the cord connectors. So for in the future when I finally have the time to knit a PI shawl like I dream about, it will be perfect. The cords are great, not annoying like some cords can be, no tangles and not too stiff. I feel that the point on these needles is just right, I have had no problem with knitting lace. All in all, I couldn't be more pleased. I think a good sign is when you reach for these needles first before any of your others whenever you are ready to cast on something new!
A little note about the case I sewed. I found this tutorial and made some adjustments and the lovely fabric is from Spoonflower.





Thank you to Stitchcraft Marketing for sending me the needles.
The above opinion is completely my own. 

4 comments

  1. I have never thought of organizing my stash by seasonal colors; that would be fun. Knitters do seem to love seasons. I have a favorite set of dpns for socks and I should definitely go get more sizes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it must feel amazing to have totally organized your stash, and the colour idea is a good one. Those needles look amazing!! I need to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i, too just purchased a pair of Knitter's Pride Nova Patina at my local yarn shop to continue knitting up a lacy shawl, using fine fine lacy alpaca, and so far it has not disappointed. I so love Knitters' Pride needles, wooden and chrome plated. So enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to the day that my stash is organized.... absolutely a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to read your comments.