5/08/2016

farmhouse shawl with a little of this & that

Its off the needles and wrapped around my shoulders at the moment. 
Its my farmhouse shawl and its finished! YAY! Worsted weight yarn is great to knit with 
because it grows fast. I worked on this shawl with all the little free moments I had since
the pattern is the kind of pattern really easy to remember so it was great for picking up here and there. This is a very vanilla type of project to work on, doesn't require concentration which is perfect for watching tv, in my case the "the sixties and "the seventies" on netflix, soooo good!
I used The Petite Wool  and the lovely color is Lavender. I couldn't be happier with the color. Its exactly my kind of purple and since lavender is my favorite, its perfect. The wool was soft and it blocked amazingly, really bloomed and kept its shape. There's nothing I dislike more than a when a project shrinks up after blocking... I used every inch of my 5 balls, not a bit to spare after the fringe was added. I am so pleased with this shawl! I long for the cool fall nights when I can wrap this around myself while I knit!



While my Farmhouse Shawl blocked I took the time to do some reorganizing of my stash. Fell down the rabbit hole that is Ravelry while I thought about what I wanted to knit next. 
I decided it was time to try knitting with some lace. I have knit lace yarn in the past but held double. 
I'm not that far into the project yet where I might feel like I bit off more than I can chew, we'll see. There's still time. I casted on for the Elizabeth Shawl with some Elsawool
Not sure how my hands feel about knitting with lace weight. I feel a little tense and I'm still trying to decide at what point should I or if I will use life lines.We'll see because so far so good. This is definitely the opposite of my farmhouse shawl, tiny stitches and charts require more attention. 
Hopefully I will get a chance to make more progress this week. 
Sock knitting is on hold at the moment. I have so many sock projects on the go at the moment I think I overdosed, if that is such a thing. 


I wanted to share with you all lovely things that have crossed my path in the last couple weeks.
I got some rustic woolly yarn in the mail from a new to me etsy shop called Shakey Ground Farm
Its 100% Icelandic Lambswool Lite Lopi and its wonderful and rustic. I got 2 skeins, no plans as of yet what I will use them for but in the mean time they will be gently loved and petted!

Two patterns have really caught my eye this past week,
Little Women by NCL knits
and 
Margaretha by Herrlene
(who has a lovely instagram btw)

I have been listening to the NNK podcast for quite some time, I really love Alana and her creativity but did you know she has an online shop now. I love this sheep, super cute! I'm so glad that I had a chance to stop buy her little shop before we moved from CA, also I am kicking myself for not purchasing her latest kit which was all about wildflowers. Its not secret around here how much I love wildflowers!

Speaking of flowers, I'm over the moon excited for the first issue of Making. I enjoy Carries blog and all of her patterns. If you haven't subscribed for the first issue, I'm telling you all do it now! My favorite blogger ever has a beautiful cross stitch pattern in the first issue which I can't wait to do!

I have not kept up with many video podcasts lately, audio is so much easier for me to keep up with because I can listen while I do housework or work out but I hardly have time to watch except for Nicole's, I will always make time for her podcast whenever they come out. Go and watch if you haven't. It makes me so happy, I love all that she does and its so cool to see and hear her talk about knitting since I've been following her blog for what seems like forever. 
Lastly, just want to share a couple of embroidery pieces that I sent out into the world this past week.




Well thats all for now Hope you all have a wonderful week!

18 comments :

  1. Your shawl is gorgeous, such a lovely colour! Love your description of falling down the Ravelry hole, that happened to me last week. Pretty embroidery as always.
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl is lovely! And that embroidery? Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, thank you so much for telling us about Making, I hadn't seen it before and I have totally just subscribed! It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful projects! Truly love your finished Farmhouse Shawl, it's gorgeous and your embroidery is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That farmhouse shawl is absolutely stunning. I wonder, what would it look like with colorwork? I must favorite it on ravelry. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your farmhouse is beautiful and such a lovely treat to ward off chilly nights.
    Nicole's new podcast is the most wonderful podcast ever. I could listen and watch her talk about knitting all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your farmhouse is beautiful and such a lovely treat to ward off chilly nights.
    Nicole's new podcast is the most wonderful podcast ever. I could listen and watch her talk about knitting all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your daisy embroidery, wildflower and grasses embroidery that I saw at Ginny's "Small Things" blog. Do you sell them? or the pattern? I think they are beautiful.
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sell the finished embroidery patterns. I don't sell the patterns as of yet maybe in the future. thanks for asking!

      Delete
  9. I would love to purchase your embroidery patterns! Do you sell them?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is so beautiful! You've found a new reader for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you sell your embroidery patterns, or do you have a shop? Love the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have too the same question: what about the embroidery pattern ? Do you sell them ? Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would really love to buy your embroidery patterns pictured in this post! Do you sell them? Thank you for your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danielle. I don't sell the embroidery patterns at this time just the finished pieces. I will let you know if I ever do sell the patterns.

      Delete
  14. where do you sell your embroidery?

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Farmhouse Shawl is one of my favorites and I have a lot of shawls!! Yours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Found your blog via a crafts mag here in the UK and so enjoyed reading your posts. Especially pleased to have the link in this one to the Little Women shawl. The book is one if my all time favourites, read many times and different versions of the film watched too. And knitting shawls (and baby blankets and mad tea cosies) is one of my favourite things to do, so thank you.
    I will come back another time to catch up.
    Nina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to read your comments.