wips, finished socks and weekend flowers

This past weekend my husband David and I decided to do a last minute road trip as he had forgotten that he had asked for a couple days off of work which is nice..  So on thursday we packed up the dogs, a few bags and I brought with me about a million projects to knit on which didn't even get worked on and our bikes.  We decided to head out to the hill country just for some exploring. Doesn't get any better than beautiful sunshine, fields of wildflowers, meandering rivers and trails to hike and bike on, lonely country roads, little one horse towns and small hidden out of the way cafes with the best bbq and chicken friend steak (a must if you live in TX)!!
It was so nice to get away and I'm so glad we did. The weather is gloomy and wet and horrible at the moment. 
So here are a few of my photos from our getaway. 








I may have a few knit wips at the moment but sometimes you just don't want to work on any of them so I pulled out some cross stitch projects that have been neglected for a few months and are more than a little wrinkled! I have about 5 cross stitch projects that are in varying stages of almost finished.. I just need to make the effort to squeeze them in between all my other crafty pursuits! 
In the meantime because I didn't have enough already on the go, I finally cast on a shawl I have been just craving to knit ever since the pattern was released, the farmhouse shawl by Cabinfour. 
I'm using some lovely and soft lavender yarn by We Are Knitters. Its so nice to knit with and this shawl will be cosy and huge and perfect for fall and winter! 
I've actually finished some more socks too! I'm so pleased that I have been knitting socks again.



Setting up a new project for whenever I finish a few..  She seeks wool cross stitch
 Almost there with the winterwoods sampler

And lastly I am currently listening to A Summer Before The War, which I am loving!


linked up with The Small Things.

5 comments

  1. Your posts always inspire me! Beautiful road trip pictures! Amazing yarn! Love your socks! I am waiting for that book from the library! Happy Knitting & Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely photos and such gorgeous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such stunning photos, those wildflowers are so beautiful, and what fun to have a road trip! Those socks look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color palette of this post is absolutely gorgeous. The soft, muted spring tones are in perfect sync with spring. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such amazing photographs! The flowers and mountains...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to read your comments.