2/24/2016

books, dvds and new yarn

The rain and wind howled all day and all night yesterday.
It was the kind of day for curling up on the couch and watching tv all day.
Thats precisely what I did. A recent episode of Bakery Bears podcast reminded me how much 
I love the "All Creatures Great and Small" tv series. 
So I had checked the first season out of the library last weekend and  
sat down yesterday, with my knitting and lots of coffee and watching several episodes.
Just lovely. Beautiful scenery!


If you don't watch Bakery Bears, you really should. They are a fun couple and I like to see all the projects they knit and places they go. Just so fun!
I have to admit though, I watch their podcast in bits and pieces because than can run long and I haven't seen every episode but the ones I have seen I have enjoyed.
I had a good mail day the other day,
some super soft and beautiful colors of Nice & Knit fingering yarn arrived.
The fingering weight is soooo soft! 
The colors are from left to right, Nantucket, Barnacle and Chowder.
How pretty right! No plans as of yet but I'm sure I'll think of something soon.
I also received my set of dpns from Knit Picks from their new Majestic needle line.


I love them! I am such a dpn kind of girl. Plus they are such a pretty color.
They are very smooth, smoother than the harmony needles which I also have. So far I really enjoy knitting with them. I am currently using them on several pairs of sock wips.
I have nothing completed this week, just what seems like a lot of wips. 
I really need to buckle down and stop casting on all the things.

As well checking out the dvd set, I checked out some Agatha Raisin mysteries to re-read. They make me chuckle and I love mysteries especially ones that are set in little english villages. 
I am also currently reading, Agincourt. I love history, really really love history.
One finished embroidery project is now hanging on my wall with all my embroideries and cross stitches. Right around christmas I ordered this lovely kit from I Heart Stitch Art
and the finished piece so pretty and a little vintage looking. The packaging when it arrived was really fun and the kit came with everything I needed apart from the hoop. If you are looking for a beginner kit, I highly recommend this etsy shop. So impressed!



I want to say thanks to all those who entered my little giveaway. I had meant to get the post up sooner but you know life, it gets in the way sometimes. 
I drew the winners using random number generator and the winners have been contacted.
If you would like to try a little embroidery yourself,  here's the little sock pattern I drew up.



linked to The Small Things

11 comments :

  1. Ooh, I have never seen All Creatures Great and Small, I am going to my library this weekend to check it out as it sounds lovely!
    I adore Bakery Bears podcast.
    Beautiful yarn and stitching. You always have the best taste in all things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your new embroidery piece, and that was so sweet of you to share the design for your knitted sock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing the little embroidery pattern! It's perfect. I'm KAL'ing along over at the Yarngasm Ravelry group too and I need to add this little detail to my project bags. I have Jenna Rose bags too (acorns), so I'm thinking a wee embroidered tag or hoop would be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing the little embroidery pattern! It's perfect. I'm KAL'ing along over at the Yarngasm Ravelry group too and I need to add this little detail to my project bags. I have Jenna Rose bags too (acorns), so I'm thinking a wee embroidered tag or hoop would be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! That yarn is beautiful! Such soft, wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the sock pattern! So sweet! Can't wait to make some for my sock project bags :-) I just LOVE all of your great posts on instagram and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo Beautiful all of it! Your blog is really not helping my "buying yarn hiatus" Heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh.. I'm glad you posted about the needles... I have been wondering about them..Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty nice post. I have in fact enjoyed reading your website posts. I have been googling blogs and sites in related manner recently and i have to state you have a nice
    Shawls Manufacturer in Delhi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to read your comments.