on & off the needles

Its been a busy start to the new year, knitting & crafting wise..
a little behind the scenes on an embroidery project I'm working on and I also cast on my first sock,
rose city rollers in Knit Picks Felici. 


Here is my "All Paths Lead to Home" shawl, by Melanie Berg. It was a test knit and the pattern has yet to be released. I used three different colors and my project page on Ravelry is here.




I'm on the tail end of two other projects that I can't share with you yet because they were both test knits as well and the patterns won't be released until February.  
I'm looking forward to getting them done and blocked but until then..
All my projects used yarn in my stash, which I am really happy about since that was something I've decided I wanted to do as much as possible at least for the first half of this year.... Believe it or not, I actually don't have that big of a stash. I was doing a bit of organizing this past week and it made me feel a bit better to discover that. 
I do have one new to me yarn to share with you though.. 
Full disclosure, the yarn was sent to me by Stitchcraft Marketing and I was lucky enough to receive some beautifully wooly yarn from Mountain Meadow Wool to review and I couldn't be happier about it!
I love trying out new yarns and especially yarns with such a wonderful story behind it. 
If you get a chance read about it here
It came in perfect time for a new KAL that is starting on February which means if you want to order some of their yarn you still have time.
 I got two skeins of Dubois fingering in the colors Natural and Fern.


The pattern I've chosen is called Forage.
 Have you read about the collection it belongs too, there's a great story behind it and really its exciting if you're like me and love to try new yarns, American & Local yarns. Supporting these small business is so important! You can read about the The Wool Project here and about the Kal here
Thats it for now, and be sure to check back next weekend because I will have a little giveaway!

Have a great week!

5 comments

  1. As always, beautiful and inspiring! Thank you for sharing your wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely projects that you're working on and I loved reading about the Wool Project. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that shawl is gorgeous <3 Definitely planning on using as much of my stash as I can this year too, good luck to the both of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shawl is beautiful! Looks like you have some great yarns to work with right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That shawl is stunning, and I'm intrigued by your embroidery project- I love embroidery, I wish I made more time for it! And I look forward to seeing how your socks work out- I picked up some of the Felici in the same colourway, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to read your comments.