winter knits

the fake fire (via netflix) is roaring..
the classic christmas music is blaring..
the rain is pitter pattering against the windows..
and winter knitting is in full swing!
First off the needles is my Baable Hat... so warm. 


I still need to add the pompom. A giant one I think.
The hat is way to big for me and I went down a few needle sizes too. 
The yarn just really bloomed!! The yarn is scratchy but I got used to it, it has a lovely halo to it and after I blocked it out and soaked it in some wash, the scratchiness doesn't bother me so much. 
I got the yarn on sale via Craftsy a little while ago.
Second hat off the needles is my Skinner hat.
I used Nice & Knit fingering yarn and its so very nice! If you haven't tried it, you should. So soft and the stitch definition turned out great. I have more in my stash and I can't wait to get to it.
I received some really happy mail this past week, some of it is secret.
One of the not so secret items is this absolutely beautiful little teensy tiny ornament from Carrie of 
Cee Stitchery. I love it soo much. 
Every morning outside my bedroom window the cardinals greet me with their songs and cardinals are one of my favorite birds. Now I can hang one on my little christmas tree!
Crafty friends are the best and supporting handmade during the holidays is always a good idea!


I'm also stitching up a few christmas gifts for friends that will go out in the mail this week.
The butterfly is a pattern by I Heart Stitch Art. Her attention to detail is impeccable and if you are looking to start a new hobby like embroidery, I would definitely recommend her patterns to start.
One  other little knitting project that is super simple and easy to knit is the Simple House Slippers. Dani of the Little Bobbins podcast knit these up and inspired by hers I wanted some of my own. The pattern is free! If you need a quick little gift for someone than you can do no wrong by whipping these up. 
Super easy and fast.
I held various yarns double throughout for a marbled effect and US 6 needles which kept the yarn quite firm. This produced a very nice sturdy yet soft pair of slippers. They took me all of two evenings and one day to block them. I used leftovers of Quince & Co Owl, Elsawool, Malabrigo merino worsted and Cascade worsted. They don't exactly match but I love them anyway!




We've been slowly getting to know our way around this new city we live in and we found some new hiking trails and woodland areas to explore. The rain didn't stop us but some of the flooding did. 
I need to invest in waterproof hiking shoes. Any suggestions?
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and come back later this week for a giveaway!!





7 comments

  1. Gosh, this post is full of all sorts of tempting things. I especially like that cardinal ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All looks delicious! And love what you're doing with your butterfly so far! Thanks for your kind words! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the stitched cardinal and the hat and slippers are amazing! They look so cozy. The embroidery is coming along great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to make the Baable hat but haven't had the right yarn in my stash. Drat! That butterfly embroidery is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to make the Baable hat but haven't had the right yarn in my stash. Drat! That butterfly embroidery is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Worth every penny:hiking boots from Lowa. They'll last forever and are so so comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to read your comments.