Happy Christmas & Happy Winter!


“I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.” 



 I finished with Pride & Prejudice and decided to listen to another classic. I love whimsical, I was totally craving that. I have only ever read Alice in wonderland so I am surprised that I really have been enjoying listening to it especially while I do christmas baking or knitting.
We all need a little whimsy sometimes, you know!
 I got bit by the cast on bug! Why, I don't know, 
like there isn't enough to do at this time of year anyway!
I haven't experience a white winter in quite some time but apparently that doesn't stop me from knitting like I'll have one. 
There have been a few evenings where I have been able to bundle up in some of my knits when I walk to dogs in the evenings. 
It looks like for a lot of us it is going to be a really warm christmas though.
I've also been busy making ornaments and little embroidery projects for gifts this year. 
I've been baking a bit this past week, my favorite rolls, here's the recipe if you want to give it a try. 
My husband requested them again today as I am doing slow cooker pulled pork another recipe is
browned butter cookies, really good but next time I will cut the sugar back, way back. 






I received some happy mail this past week by the lovely Molly of A Homespun House,
Pressed Flowers is the name and its perfect!




I want to knit something dainty with it, not socks its 100% merino and very nice to touch, too good for my feet.
I also received some Plucky Knitter Traveler yarn. My love affair with yak continues, as this has a very nice blend of merino, yak & silk. 
I never make it to the Plucky's updates! So I was happy to have a knitterly friend offer to send me something from her stash and I love the color. 
Have you all finished with your christmas shopping? Or are you like me and wait to the last minute!?!
I'll be spending my holidays with my husband's family in San Antonio. 
I'm hoping for a post christmas drive out to Comfort so that we can stop by the Tin Smith's Wife yarn shop! fingers crossed we'll have time!
I want to thank you all so much for entering my first blog giveway. It was lovely to read all your comments. After using the random generator I am happy to announce
that Renea ravid: Reneadiamond has won! I'll be in touch with you shortly for details.
Be sure to check back for more giveaways in the future. I have plans to do one in January! 
Thank you all so much for sharing your time with me here and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. 
I haven't shared a playlist with you all for awhile 
so here's a little wintry inspired mix, hope you like it!


linked along with The Small Things

11 comments

  1. Happy merry. Enjoy this special time of merry making and light. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Enjoy your baking and making!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and yours Olivia! Sounds like you're having an absolutely wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your merry time, Olive. Sounds like the most perfect way to spend the holiday! Merry Christmas to you and your family, love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even your rolls are pretty! Beautiful stitchwork, yummy treats, and yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous yarn, looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas to you and to your family!!! Beautiful post, and the yarn looks scrumptious :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas dear friend!! Your embroideries are just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you read the Anne of Green Gables books? They are VERY whimsy and such a delightful read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you read the Anne of Green Gables books? They are VERY whimsy and such a delightful read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. loved that playlist <3 I've been revisiting a lot of my "older" musical favorites lately, especially Angus & Julia Stone ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to read your comments.