4/26/2015

stitching of all kinds

Started the day off bright and early today, with coffee and muffin in hand, we drove down to Malibu and walked the beach for awhile with the dogs. Just David, the dogs and I but for a couple of surfers brave enough to be in the water. 
The beach was littered with these really pretty jellyfish, when I wasn't looking my little dog ate a few I'm sure, hope she doesn't get sick. They aren't toxic or anything but they were everywhere. They're called Velella or By the Wind jellyfish because of their little blue sail. 





All week I've been working on a few of my projects but mostly on some embroidery. 
I have to say knitterly friends are the best, and I've received the most lovely compliments on 
my projects. If you're not on instagram then you might not know that I am selling some of my completed hoops. Its not going to be a business or anything like that. I just really like to embroider as much as I like to knit and I want to be able to share the things that I make. 
I know that there are crafters out there who will appreciate a handmade gift and don't embroider, so I guess that's where I come in. Anyway if any of you at all are interested in a hoop just let me know. 
The three below are available, $15 plus shipping. 




This hoop is a case of life imitates art or art imitating life.. I'm sure all you sock knitters out there would agree that this is a great little saying! This particular hoop is a little more, $20 plus shipping just because of some the little details.. 



I do want to say that I can and will do custom work if asked. Just throwing it out there…
Anyway onto other lovely things.. I couldn't help myself when I saw that Quince & Co added new colors to their tern line.. and I love pink so I had to order the rose quartz color. I love it!! 
No project in mind, maybe some socks with a fun stitch pattern. 



Last week I got the nicest project from Nina of the Fuzzyloveknots podcast. The shawl she knit me is so pretty, and I am just in love with the scallop edging. I love me some scallops! It was part of a swap that we did and she should be getting my package hopefully soon… 
Other things that I am loving right now…
this playlist,
this book,
this show,
this podcast
this album.

3 comments :

  1. I saw all your works on Instagram and I am just in love! So neat, cozy and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photography and crafting. So pretty and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep looking at that book whenever I go to the bookstore. One of these days, it is going home with me! Hmmm maybe I should see if the library has it!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to read your comments.