12/08/2014

on the needles, on the nightstand

the past couple of weeks has been progress on my works in progress… 
I have reached the crochet border on my Ondine Shawl.
I aa few repeats into Flying Home.
I also aso happy that I finally finished a couple of things. 
First off, my Waters Edge Shawl. A simple yet beautiful pattern. Lots of stockinette which made this great audiobook knitting. I love it! The colors are incredible.  
Also finished is the Dashwood Shawl.
This pattern was very easy to memorize and worked froside to side which made it easy to adjust only having one skein of yarn to work with. This was my first time using Yoth Yarns. Amazing & so soft! 
It was a real treat for my hands which is probably why this shawl just flew off the needles. 
I could not put it down.
In between these two projects I managed to knit up a few christmas ornaments as well…

What are you reading right now? I have a few books on my nightstand, 
the problem with working at a library is that I often come across books I would like to
 read so my list gets longer and longer each day.
 Especially when a shipment of new books comes in.
Half Broke Horses,  because it is described as a Laura Ingalls Wilder for adults.
Since You've Been Gone, because the cover looked so good.
The Elegance of the Hedgehog, I can't resist a little quirk in a french setting.
Emily & Einstein, because the story sounded lovely and I can't resist a cute dog.
I know that right now tis the season for holiday music and my favorite albums are on repeat but I aalso absolutely loving the new album by She&Him.








5 comments :

  1. Your beautiful shawls always make me want to cast on more shawls! Beautiful progress.
    I can see where working at a library would be similar to working in a yarn store. I would want to read all the books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful projects (and photos!), your Waters Edge is just GORGEOUS!!
    Need to get the new She & Him album soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shawls. I like the sound of Emily & Einstein it's now saved onto my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to start knitting some shawls! The ones you have going make me drool! I have tons of books going - new reads and re-reads (I'm a big fan of re-reading books). Right now, one of the books I'm re-reading is "The Obituary Writer" by Ann Hood.

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bottom shawl. Hopefully you can post what you thought of the Elegance of the Hedgehog book- it was on my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to read your comments.