I have a severe case of castonitis.. 
I blame it on the wonderful yarns I have recently received in the mail. One of which I have never used before, new to me is Pigeonroof studios.
I ordered Pecan in High Twist Sock and Spume in Superwash Merino Singles and the colors are just so great, true to their photos via the website.. which is always a bonus. 
I immediately wound the yarn and cast on for the Color Affection and Ondine
Both patterns have been sitting in my revelry library for sometime. I had originally cast on color affection with a different yarn but it accidentally got unravelled when one of my dogs got tangled in the project and my stitches came of the needle. It was fate. I just frogged it and started anew with other colors. My And So Are You shawl is almost complete, I broke into the second skein for the pleat.
I'm one of those people who really love to wind their yarn by hand, I really like having a swift but no ball winder. 
Have you all been enjoying fall in your area? I am envious of those fall colors all over instagram at the moment. We just recently stopped using the AC as much since its cooler in the evenings and don't need it but fall is so fleeting here if at all in the city. 
At least I live by some sort of woods and found little bits of autumn here and there. 
Also lately, I have been addicted to watching Escape to the Country via you tube, love this show! 
I had to find something, it makes up for the really long coming months until Outlander comes back to tv. 
Have a good week!








6 comments

  1. Lovely photo's and lovely yarn can't wait to see the end results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're going to have lots of beautiful shawls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore all the colors of your yarns!! Your shawls are going to be gorgeous!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors, lovely yarn. Thank you for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your photos are beautiful! And I'm so happy that you are pleased with the yarn.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to read your comments.