9/29/2014

the latest

Just completed this lovely lovely shawlette..
A test knit for Florence aka Mamzelle Flo on Ravelry. 
This is my second test knit for her and I love all her designs.. I have a few yarns 
designated for future projects of her patterns. 
This pattern is yet to be published yet since its still being tested by other fellow knitters.
However there were no issues with the pattern and knit up so nicely that I'm sure it will be out soon.
I have one more project on the needles at the moment, And So Are You by Rose Beck.
Its working up easily. I love this color, this was a yarn that was designated for a different project but 
as I often do, changed my mind. 
Taking a break from using my left over mini skeins that are designated for my sock yarn blanket,
I cast on some fairisle wristers. They're a little big, I should have cast on a few less stitches and don't exactly match color work wise 
but that doesn't bother me. The point is they're pretty and will keep my hands warm whenever IF ever it gets cooler around here!
On my nightstand this week is this book and this one too. Fascinating subjects! 
I highly recommend if you like this sort of history. The problem with working at a library is that there are so many books and so little time to read… not a bad problem to have though!
 Playing over and over on my player is the latest album by Ryan Adams. He has a great voice and has always been a favorite of mine… 
I'm so excited to have some family come and visit me later this week. A break from the monotonous.
I love sightseeing with other people. So not a whole lot of knitting will get done but thats ok too! 










6 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that finished shawlette is just gorgeous. I want to knit one!

    Beautiful photos, and what a cozy way to spend fall -- tea, knitting, and books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you in the current issue of "Artful Blogging" yesterday. Just checked out your blog….love your knitted shawls. Just downloaded your pattern for the hearts and can't wait to get some wool and knit some to use next Valentine's Day. Looking forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Olivia - I've been looking at your lovely archives and love all your beautiful knitting, book & music recommendations. I'm listening to Tift Merrit & The Unthanks right now -- loving them both! Thanks so much for sharing all your good things ❤️✨

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to read your comments.