3/14/2014

swapping

The weather has been fantastic warm, sunny and cool in the evening… so far no plans for the weekend.
I have chili cooking and cornbread baking and some cooooold beer in the fridge.
This will be a good friday night!
I recently mentioned that I am working a sort of secret project for a swap. I love swaps, or really any reason to make something for someone that doesn't knit or crochet. 
Plus I like putting together packages.. 
I broke my stash diet to buy some yarn for this but I figured since it isn't for me it was okay
although I have been doing pretty good lately and crafting with stuff from my stash.
So as far as I know the person I am sending this package to does not read my blog so I'm sharing with you my finished projects because that's what I have been working on lately…I embroidered a kitchen tea towel and I am going to add a crochet border just after I decide what color to do it in.
 I have a couple of knit dishcloths that I want to add as well but for now completed is this really pretty granny square pillow. The colors turned out very beachy. Not on purpose, I just went with the colors the recipient said they liked. The pattern is from this crochet book but its also on ravelry here. My project page is here. Lots of great stuff in it. I used Quince & Co in Lark. Its the worsted weight. I love how it turned out so much and I sure hope my swap recipient will too. 








5 comments :

  1. It is always ok to break a stash diet if the yarn is not for you. Rest easy.;)
    Your swap partner is going to love all those treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very lucky swap partner! (tell me more about the swap...i've never hear of this) You certainly have a eye for color & your stitching is beautiful~ you & I both share a love for Quince & Co.
    Happy Weekending Olivia~

    Katie~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great looking pillow. I love the colors and I did a similar pillow with the back as a big granny as well :) I love the idea of a swap.

    Just found your blog and am glad I did.

    Your new follower,
    Birgitta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love the idea about doing the granny square back! What a lucky swap partner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your granny squares are lovely. Could you tell me the name of the wool and the shades you have used. I have a project in mind to make something for a birthday present and have been searching for the right combination of colours and these just hit the spot. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to read your comments.