works in progress

spring is looking so lovely new buds everyday
despite how dry and warm it has been the last couple of days
I would really love a good rain  
the evenings air is scented with orange and lime blossoms
heavenly
I can't even tell you how much I absolutely love the scent
I breathe in deeply on my walks 
I love it..The blossoms don't last not nearly long enough
but the trees are full of lemons and limes 
I have some good neighbours that don't mind me picking their trees
I am so sad though that our apartment manager had the tree trimmers cut down our fig tree
I loved it when it was in full bloom 
blossoms blossoms blossoms are everywhere
I've been listening to a couple of new to me albums lately
if you love folksy americana type music which is one of my favorite kind
check out 
 a little playlist for you with a few songs for you to preview



 I have had more than a few wips on the needles in the past but usually I'm a fairly monogamous knitter
I tend to see projects through to the end even if they can be somewhat boring half way through
but right now I have a few projects on the go
it makes me itchy, knitting is the only time when my slight OCD comes out..
A gramps sweater for my nephew and a stormy jacket for him as well
My porthole beret with tern by quince and co
I am also test knitting a lovely and simple eyelet shawl with madelinetosh merino light in nectar
so in love with this color!
I have some socks that I started earlier in the month for my 12 in 12 project but I must
say that I have not picked them up to work on them because I really did not like the two at a time
I tried, I really tried but I am going to have separate them, its just not me, so after these projects are done I hope to continue with  my socks in march I can't believe February has almost come to a close
I have a couple of little crochet projects on the go too but those are little, quick and fun. 
I recently signed up for the "I yarn, You stitch" project via instagram that is being hosted by Sew Deerly Loved. Its a combination of knitters/crocheters and sewers/stitchers. I'll receive a sewn project and send a knitted project. Its a secret swap so I don't want to post the project I am working on but its really fun and its color work, which I love especially when its in the round. I'll post a pic when its sent but for now its secret. I love swaps, its happy mail! I love happy mail!









3 comments

  1. i'm so happy you shared your spring olivia~ beautiful photos & equaly beautiful knitting! do you have hummers this time of year? we won't see them here (ohio) until late april early may~ great shot! enjoy your week~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos - lucky you to have springtime right at your doorstep.

    Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please share your play lists more often! This one is amazing! And your projects and photos are adorable. I am anything but a monogamist when it comes to crafts. I think I have a handful of projects waiting to get done. I just need it that way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to read your comments.