weekending.

Its my husbands birthday today! 
The cupcakes are in the oven, vanilla. This recipe. Its very good. I love her recipes.
To be smothered later with chocolate frosting and lots of it.
His birthday weekend started on friday when we left early
for a mini camping trip at the beach.
 I don't think there is anything better than the sound of crashing waves all through the night. 
Except for maybe the sound of wind in the tall grass and the rustling leaves in the trees….
The weather was beautiful and windy, cool in the evening. 
More than 10 miles of hiking except the land is barren due to wildfires last year.
The wildlife is coming back ever so slowly. 
The beach is where the dogs love it best, good for seal and dolphin watching. 
I started on the next clue that arrived in my inbox this morning for the
I started this project with some grey and white yarn but started it over using grey and mint.
I didn't do any garter stitches this time keeping it all stockinette so far I like the look. 
Everyone's projects on ravelry are looking so great! Can't wait to finish!






4 comments

  1. happy birthday to the hubs! mmmm, vanilla cupcakes with chocolate icing~ your trip sounds wonderful.....we have snow on the ground and temps expected to be -15 tonight you take the best pictures!

    ~katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to your husband! What a wonderful way to celebrate! I love the Oregon coast but we stay in a 30 foot trailer right on the beach.. and sometimes it storms like crazy when we're there and the trailer dances around. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday! looks like cozy camping, love a fire. your shawl is looking so pretty, i started over too, too many choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday hubby!
    I love it when you show camping pictures. Makes me want to go! Beautiful yarn and shawl progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to read your comments.