6/19/2013

knitting and reading.


“The books transported her into new worlds and introduced her to amazing people who lived exciting lives. She went on olden-day sailing ships with Joseph Conrad. She went to Africa with Ernest Hemingway and to India with Rudyard Kipling. She travelled all over the world while sitting in her little room in an English village.” 





upload


Thanks to pinterest for this salad dressing. Very yummy.
Avocados, mangos, blood oranges, strawberries, walnuts, carrots, cucumbers and garbanzo beans.

knitting and reading



  My first ever favorite book of all time is Matilda.. was just re-reading it for the umpteenth time for the laughs and its been awhile since I have read a book this lighthearted.
 Its really just a childhood favorite but its whimsical and I love whimsy.
 I have finished it, since it is a quick read and moving on to another Hemingway and am now working on these socks since my neck is much better... so far so good, almost finished the first one.
I will be take my knitting with me this weekend, a little weekend getaway for me and the Mr.
We will be 7 years married on the 24th.


Joining in with Ginny @ Yarn Along

3 comments :

  1. happy anniversary to you & the Mr.
    love the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWE! congrats and happy anniversary! :) Pretty pink sock!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! My husband and I will celebrate our seventh anniversary in August. Sometimes it seems I just blinked and everything changed...
    I love Matilda, Dahl is fascinating, the way he has lighthearted books with deeply tragic and heartbreaking events. I feel like he had such insight into how children manage crisis.
    Your socks are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to read your comments.