1/02/2013

oh the places you will go..

I thought of Dr. Seuss today, 


“You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So... get on your way!” 


Some words to remind me that a new year will bring new possibilities.. I may be jobless right now but good things await on that mountain, so I'm thinking I should probably get some good hiking shoes.. in the meantime we rang in the new year . I did some baking, we did some walking and talking in the woods and now I am listening to some Cole Porter. His music makes you happy, it gets your toes tapping.. I finished the Cradle Cardigan and it turned out very nicely, lovely, smooshy and perfect for a little baby. I made some booties to go with it and some diy buttons with some pretty fabric I had in my stash. Picked up the needles and started on the jumper while I wait for my yarn in the mail for yet another new project. Joined in with Downton Abbey knit along and I chose the Frederick & Anne scarf using this. The yarn won't be here till next week well after the first episode but I'll catch up. One of my christmas gifts was season 1 & 2 UK version on blu ray so there just might be a Downton marathon starting friday night..



























2 comments :

  1. Your baby set came out beautifully! I'm sooo looking forward to the return of Downton Abbey this weekend. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Downton Abbey marathon sounds like a great idea to me. Your finished baby cardigan is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to read your comments.